David Grisham is a partner in the Hemming Morse San Mateo office. He performs analyses primarily relating to commercial litigation and leads financial investigations. His expertise includes quantification of damages and consulting on a wide variety of construction and commercial related disputes. Dave’s construction experience includes quantifying claims related to delay and disruption, acceleration, and extra work. His fraud investigation experience includes industries such as schools, both private and public, non-profit organizations, and governmental entities. He has been deposed in matters involving environmental disputes, insurance, trust and estates, construction, and commercial litigation.
Dave began his career as an auditor with Hemming Morse before working in the Financial Advisory Services group at Coopers & Lybrand (now PwC). He was then the Planning and Reporting Manager at GRIC Communications assisting in their IPO and his responsibilities included SEC reporting, budgeting and planning, and internal operations reporting. Dave returned to Hemming Morse’s forensic accounting practice in 2003.
Dave is a past President of the San Francisco Chapter of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants. In addition, he is a member of the CalCPA State Council and serves on the CalCPA Education Foundation Nominations and Leadership Development Committee. He has also served on the Menlo College Accounting Advisory Board where he helped develop the accounting curriculum. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Hillbarn Theater, a local theater company, and is a member of their finance committee.
- San Jose State University, B.S in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified in Financial Forensics, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- “Fraud Investigation” Internal County Auditors, September 2015
- “Damages after Sargon” California Lawyer, June 2014
- “Construction Fraud Insights” Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance, July 2013
- “Construction Law 101: Claims and Scheduling” Bar Association of San Francisco, May 2013
- “Facts about Fraud” Cal Society of CPAs, CPE Extravaganza, June 2006
- “Revenue Recognition of Software Contracts” Hemming Morse, Inc., November 2005
- “Construction Litigation” Jeffreys Henry International Litigation Conference, 2004