Brian Zacharias is a principal at Hemming Morse with more than twenty years of experience in financial consulting and business valuation, including advising companies on a diverse range of complex matters involving financial, litigation, and valuation issues.
Brian has worked on hundreds of engagements across a wide range of industries, including technology, life sciences, medical device, middle market, and agriculture. He has assisted clients in high exposure situations in initial public offerings, acquisitions, corporate restructure transactions, and bankruptcy reorganizations. Has also assisted clients with valuation inquiries and reviews by the Public Companies Oversight Board (PCAOB) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Brian also has significant financial advisory experience in mergers and acquisitions due diligence and turnaround management. He has led due diligence efforts that have assisted his clients in negotiating key deal terms, negotiated with creditors to recapitalize companies, and helped management teams define strategic direction. His litigation and forensic experience extends to assisting clients on matters including economic damages, breach of contract, fraud, and business and intellectual property disputes.
Actively involved in the valuation community, Brian co-founded and chaired the Executive Committee of the Fair Value Exchange, a professional group focused on best practices within the valuation field.
Brian earned his Bachelor of Science degree in finance and Master of Business Administration at Santa Clara University. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst with the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts.
Master of Business Administration, Santa Clara University, 2022
Bachelors of Science in Finance, Santa Clara University, 1996
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Executive Committee Chair, Founding Member, Fair Value Exchange
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- American Society of Appraisers
- Emerging Leaders Academy, Class 2013
- Fair Value Forum Case Study – Unpacking Differences Between Diverse Valuation Opinions, American Society of Appraisers 2018 Fair Value Summit, November 2019
- Stock Options for Life Science Companies, Understanding the Risks, Realizing the Rewards, com, 2009
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Better Decision Making Through Financial Modeling, AICPA Controllers Conference, 2013
- Auditing Fair Value Measurements under IRC 409, ASC 718, and ASC 805, OUM & Co. LLP, 2013
- Key Elements of Business Valuation, CalCPA, 2013
- Business Valuation, Santa Clara University, 2012
- Panelist on Business Valuation, Appraisal Institute’s Appraisal and Real Estate Fall Conference, 2012
- Business Valuation, Santa Clara University, 2010
- Fair Value Considerations for Financial Investment Firms, 2010
- Business Valuation Considerations for Assurance and Tax Practices, 2010
“Mergers and Acquisitions: Better Decision Making Through Financial Modeling,” Controllers Conference, AICPA, 2013
“Auditing Fair Value Measurements under IRC 409, ASC 718 and ASC 805,” OUM & Co. LLP, 2013
“Key Elements of Business Valuation,” CalCPA, 2013
“Business Valuation,” Santa Clara University, 2010, 2012
“Business Valuation,” Panelist, Appraisal Institute’s Appraisal and Real Estate Fall Conference, 2012